Join the Alven Family
OpenClassrooms is accelerating its international development and is looking for people passionate with making education accessible and helping its students landing their dream job.
The Student Admissions & Talent Sales Director will be responsible for the management of the entire student candidate process, guiding students throughout their application to Apprenticeship and publicly/privately funded programs (POEC, Scholarships, private programs, etc.) in France and international markets (UK, US, Africa, etc.).
Feel free to get the gist of who we are : https://openclassrooms.com/courses/how-do-we-work-at-openclassrooms
The ideal candidate will have a proven track record in defining & conducting a recruitment strategy at a high volume and fast pace, a strong knowledge of HR best practices, including talent screening and assessment as well as experience in managing and coaching a team in a fast-pace environment.
Reports to the VP Student
- Design, own & implement the strategy to recruit key/top-potential candidates at a high volume and fast pace, for a wide variety of programs ranging from Apprenticeship to POEC, maintaining a successful offer acceptance rate with the ability to also build sourcing capabilities in collaboration with the students growth team;
- Review, screen and engage with sourced candidates, assess and evaluate their profile, interview them and close candidates, assisting the
- Matching team in matching effectively candidates to the best possible offering;
- Guide candidates from sourcing throughout the overall application process and guarantee them a top-notch experience, providing consistent communication and incredible service;
- Source passive candidates through research, internal and external networking, and direct outreach;
- Provide constructive feedback on admission requirements of different public/private programs to the Education team;
- Build and automate as much as possible the admissions processes to function at scale without adding extra human labour;
- Manage, coach and grow a team across international markets, set up process discipline, improve ways of working and define goals & priorities;
- Report on your team’s performance (revenues, gross margin, etc.) and ensure proper allocation of efforts.
- HR leader with a strong domain knowledge and expertise in talent acquisition and candidate search and hiring;
- Strategy leader with excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Demonstrated hands-on experience and ready to build a team and processes almost from scratch at a fast pace;
- Strong track record of solving complex problems, designing creative strategies, and delivering significant impact;
- Strong analytical skills and comfortable playing with numbers, drawing key insights from analytics to make the application hiring process smarter and more efficient;
- Ability to define, document, standardize processes, share with the team and finally source tools to automate efforts;
- Deep interest in technology and experience working in cross-functional environment along with growth marketing, data analysts & PMs;
- Experience hiring, mentoring, coaching & retaining a high-performing team (10+), exhibiting poise & dynamism to motivate and spread confidence.
- Action-driven: you are curious about quickly testing new initiatives, collecting results and feedback, before scaling your efforts:
- Data mindset: you make decisions based on reliable data you collect and challenge your stakeholders, based on specific metrics;
- Interpersonal skills: you are comfortable engaging with candidates and develop relationships in order to better understand their needs and goals;
- Work environment: you are experience working in a fast-growing company, where speed is key;
- Coach attitude:: you are a player but most & foremost a strong coach, able to motivate & inspire your team to become everyday better at what they do;
- Passion for making a difference: you are interested in ed tech and how online education platforms can have a social impact;
- Tools: knowledge of key ATS (Recruitee, Breezy, Workable, etc.) would be a plus;
- English required: you have at least a C1-level in French and English.
Why you should join us
- Public transportation in Paris and suburbs for free (Pass Navigo paid by OpenClassrooms)
- Health insurance for free (“Mutuelle” monthly fee entirely paid by OpenClassrooms)
- Meal vouchers (Employer contribution at the max authorized by law)
- Access to gym for free (Gymlib paid by OpenClassrooms)
- Unlimited days off and a 1.000€ premium once a year for 15+ days off taken
- Access to remote working
- A company MacBook
- A work environment and a strong culture built on agility, openness, respect and high quality
OpenClassrooms is a French hyper-growth company eligible to the French Tech Visa program. That means, for foreign candidates, benefiting from the accelerated procedure to apply for a “Talent Passport” residence permit. There is also a simplified “accompanying family” procedure available for spouse and dependent minor children. More information here: https://visa.lafrenchtech.com/4/french-tech-visa-for-employees
We highly value a workplace free from discrimination and we strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our students. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of revolutionizing Education.
Working at OpenClassrooms means joining a dynamic and stimulating team, take up challenges, meet awesome people every week, and change the world, a little bit, everyday! 🌎
- The journey starts with a phone interview and a meeting with Audrey, Hiring Manager.
- Then we plan face to face meetings with:
- Jeremy, Chief Customer Success Officer
- Pierre, CEO
- and a few other people from teams across the organization
- You will be asked to provide us with professional references contact detail.